Sunday, June 5, 2016

The Sixteenth Week

Here we are! Praise the Lord, and thank my Doctors, we have made it to the 16th week.



Why is this such a milestone for us?
Those of you who know us will remember that 2 years ago in July we rushed to the hospital, and I ended up having to deliver our baby boy Zion on July 21st. He was 16 weeks gestation.



Before reaching the 16 week mark, I thought I might be a little anxious. But the reality has been much harder. Every twinge, every discomfort, every bit of tightness and pressure, every time I go to the bathroom, I am worrying and analyzing. I should've asked for a check-up to be scheduled this week.

But, I also realize that a lot of the things I'm experiencing are quite within the realm of normal. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, but it is not a walk in the park. My first Trimester symptoms are fading, but they're being replaced by Second Trimester symptoms.

Also, because I believe that God is sovereign, I need to remember that if God wants us to have this baby, I don't need to worry. I need to be and want to be thankful for every day He gives us with this baby. November can't get here soon enough, but in the meantime, I want to cherish every moment!



AND every sweet little kick! During the 15th week, I started feeling some muscle twitches, or so I thought. But this week I know for sure I'm feeling sweet little baby kicks! Most often they're after I've eaten and baby seems to favor laying on my left side and kicking my right side. One night, I had (cooked) sushi for dinner and baby either really hated it or loved it, because it felt like I had a little ninja on the inside of me!


 So, there is another update. I've broken my record of one post a year! Our next big milestone to reach will be 21 weeks, the point at which we lost the twins. But, hopefully, we will be finding out if we're having a boy or a girl in 3 1/2 weeks!! So anxious and excited to know! I have felt all along that it's a boy, just an inkling, but so much so, it's going to be an adjustment if we find out it's a girl. Brandon thinks it's a girl, simply because we've already had 2 boys and only one girl. So, I will definitely be updating after that appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment