Monday, June 16, 2014

"Life is What Happens...

...to you while you're busy making other plans."

Not long after my last post, our life became quite a roller coaster. I have wanted to update, but have failed to do it yet. So I've decided to try and update in small bites.


So, soon after my last post, Brandon and I were surprised to find out that we were expecting! It was a little scary, not in our time frame, but also very exciting.

We told our families around Fathers' Day and I told my co-workers at the Cove. Everyone was very glad for us.

 But not long after we had told everyone, I started bleeding and it was obvious I was going to lose the baby. As unexpected as the pregnancy was, we had already bonded with our baby and it was very hard to let go. I was only 6 weeks along. But we knew God is sovereign and that it was part of His good plan.


It was a little after this sad experience that we decided to start looking for a dog. We went to the Humane Society a couple times, and Brother Wolf Rescue a few times. We considered one at Brother Wolf, a male chihuahua, but decided against him.

Brandon really wanted a mini dachshund and I agreed they were really cute. We called a few in the Iwanna, but the puppies went fast. Finally we called one in Morganton, and there was one little black and tan girl left. We met them at a McDonalds in Old Fort and brought our little puppy Chaco home.

She has been quite the handful, especially in the house-training department, but she is now over a year old and very much a part of our family.

In the next post, I will share the worst and most difficult experience of our lives and our marriage and how our Heavenly Father brought us through and made us stronger and our marriage stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment